Saturday 11 February 2012

the HEART'S DESIRES of the Man after GOD's Heart

Psalms 51:10-14

10 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. 11 Do not cast mefrom your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. 12 Restore to me the joy of your salvationand grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. 13 Then I will teach transgressors your ways, and sinners will turn back to you. 14 Save me from bloodguilt, O God, the God who saves me, and my tongue will sing of your righteousness.

No one is righteous in the sight of the Lord (Romans 3:10). Those who were considered servants of God in the bible, those who live in righteousness also had their downfalls.

One of the best examples was David. Here are some of sins committed by David:

1. David sends Joab to besiege Rabbah (11:1).
2. David sleeps with Bathsheba who becomes pregnant (11:2-5).
3. David has Uriah killed (11:6-17).

But though David sinned, he has been acknowledged by the Lord as man after His heart. The verse above made me realize that God really looks at the heart. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart(1 Samuel 16:7).

Reading the passage in Psalms 51, I realized what were David's heart desire:
1. He desires A CLEAN HEART(v.10).
2. He desires A RENEWED SPIRIT(v.10).
3. He desires GOD'S PRESENCE(v.11).
4. He desires THE JOY THAT IS FROM GOD(v.12).
5. He desires SALVATION OF THE UNBELIEVERS (v.13).
6. He desires TO WORSHIP AND GLORIFY THE LORD (v.14).


I ended up evaluating my heart's desires and listed it on a paper. How about you? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment