Thursday 1 December 2011

INNOCENCE: A key to deeper understanding

Psalm 131

My heart is not proud, O Lord,
my eyes are not haughty;
I do not concern myself with great matters
or things too wonderful for me.
But I have stilled and quieted my soul;
like a weaned child with its mother,
like a weaned child is my soul within me.
O Israel, put your hope in the Lord
both now and forevermore.

"The few wonders of the world only exist while there are those with the sight to see them.”
 -  Charles de Lint

I am always amazed with a child's innocence. Sometimes, I wish I could be a child again so I could think the way they do. It's not the childish way they act but how they handle specific situation with their childish thoughts.


Once I ask a child to pray a prayer which is not memorized by her. While she was praying, I can't help but smile and smile on how she talked to God. It's a heart melting prayer, full of sincerity and purity of heart.

There are lots of things in this world that only few appreciate. Why? We tend to forget that sometimes, we need to have that child innocence-those eyes who see everything as good and beneficial, those minds and hearts who seek for new things and consider all them as new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment