Monday 9 January 2012

What Matters Most for the HEART?

Just last fieldtrip in  Manila, I had bought a book which has a title of "What Matters Most for the Heart?". This book is such an amazing one, which expresses real life situations with bible verses that really enrich the heart of the reader.

One day, after reading the book, I noticed that I have put my money and some of my things above my bible and something stroked in my heart. Then I arranged my things this way:


I have realized that most of the time, many of us put money and time over God. We always worry about it everyday, where to get money to buy food, clothing, to pay rentals and so many bills. Our time is being stolen by these worries and we even don't have time for Him wherein, the Lord has promised us in Matthew 6:25-27


“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"


This is such an amazing promise from God and this we should do:


"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." - Matthew 6:33


The best thing we should put things this way:


Let us put God over everything and surely, worrying has no place on our lives.


"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." - Matthew 6:34



There is but one way to tranquility of mind of mind and happiness, and that is to account NO EXTERNAL THINGS THINE OWN, BUT COMMIT ALL TO GOD. - Epictetus

No comments:

Post a Comment